UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Sun life won’t pay my dads life insurance, worksop

Customer Question

Sun life won’t pay my dads life insurance
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: worksop Nottinghamshire They are based in basingstoke They have everything they need. There is nothing wrong with the claim. They have lied and said it would be paid now they’re saying it’s still with a claims assessor. They wont put me thru to a manager. I have had to loan money from friends to pay for my dads funeral. I now have his Ashes scattering on Monday to pay for. A disabled sister that needs wheel chair and furniture to move into a nee permanent home. We lost our dad on the 23rd april. 2022
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just keep phoning and have put a formal complaint in apart from that they just block me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I notified them on the 27th April 2022. It’s so upsetting and stressful
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

I am sorry to hear this. Have you made a formal complaint with Sun Life?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have.

Has your complaint been addressed?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No it hasn’t. I it’s keep being robbed off

Unfortunately, the insurer is not registered in the UK from what I can see so you cannot complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service in the UK.

Their complaints policy is here: https://www.sunlife.com/international/en/client-complaint-resolution-process/

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Fobbed. They are affecting my emotional and mental health and my disabled sister is suffering bcoz I can’t provide what she needs because of tjem
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
That’s bull. They are based in Basingstoke Kent!!!!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
who do I go to?

Please put a link to their website here.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I want help
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I’m not paying £44 I don’t have

We do not need to speak on the phone.

Please put up a link to their website here.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I’ve read it. It’s no good to me. I will go to the press then and name and Shane everyone

I have just re-checked the correct entity, you may complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service in the UK, it says so here: https://www.sloc.co.uk/en/customer-services/complaints/

Ombudsman:

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

All the best