12826847

I got a police notice of fixed penalty £200 plus 6 points

Customer Question

I got a police notice of fixed penalty £200 plus 6 points just for opening my mobile to see navigation at th traffic light.The vehicle was stationary. HOW CAN i challenge it
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It was A4 Great West Road London TW8
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. I have been given 28 days to either accept contional offer of £200 fine plus 6 points. I was not talking on the phone.Just open for navigation reason
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Sorry I did not put seal bealt on me. I am a minicab driver and few minues before I dropped a customer at the Airport. I also got £100 fine separately under differentreference number
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

If you want to dispute it then just refuse to pay the conditional fixed penalty and wait for the summons.

However, just so you have clarity, it is not a defence to this charge to say you just opened your mobile for navigation purposes.  That would still offend under the new law and the old.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

And there is no defence in saying it was stationary unless it was actually parked and the engine was off.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

If you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JoC

Thanks again,