ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Can I still claim refund for PPI, I know the deadline is

Customer Question

Can I still claim refund for PPI, I know the deadline is long gone but I’m reading that under exceptional circumstances you can still claim. I fall into those exceptional circumstances
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No and I live in UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: it would take a long time text my circumstances I would prefer to speak to someone
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
Thanks for your patience and enquiry. Yes there is provision for persons to claim outside of the period providing they are able to establish that there was an exceptional circumstance that prevented their ability to claim within the requisite time.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

The current rules does not set out what these exceptional circumstances are. What is usually done is for persons to highlight what caused them to delay submission of their claim and for this to be co side red on a case by case basis,

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

as such, I would encourage you to put in your claim. And for the reason submitted by you to be considered.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.