How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 82097
Experience:  Over 15 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I retracted a statement. Slough, Gave statement to officer

Customer Question

I retracted a statement.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Slough
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Gave statement to officer in charge.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Says I don't have to appear on the 8th August. The letter asking if I have any commitment in the following year. I contacted officer in charge.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The officer said cps not got back to her.
An my statement still stands.
What do I do now
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Crown court 8th August
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank u so much for helping me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Would you like to know about this please

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Payment was taken from my account £5
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.
Do you have a question
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My account said it payed
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Call me.***********
Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

A phone call does cost extra but I can do it if you want that service

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It's ok I'll wait for answer over the fone
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Please read my posts

Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

As has been explained already, a phone call costs extra which you haven't paid.

You haven’t asked a clear question. Obviously what you have received is a summons. That is their normal response to a retraction.

You cannot just retract. Their long standing policy is to summons. The police are not relationship mediators. They are evidence gatherers for the CPS. If you call the police to relationship issues, you will have to go to court to give evidence.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.


Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

If you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JoC

Thanks again,