How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MatthewM1117 Your Own Question
MatthewM1117, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1506
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MatthewM1117 is online now

My goods have been detained by customs due to suspected

Customer Question

My goods have been detained by customs due to suspected copyright violation and I am looking to have them released to me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I rejected the request to destroy and just need help releasing them so representation
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

  1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural ­person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 10 days ago.

Dear Customer, Just Answer does not provide legal representation.

If you are confident you have a case, you should instruct a customs and excise solicitor.

Please check the link to the Law Society website in the disclaimer.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 10 days ago.

May I ask on what grounds you think there is no copyright infringement?

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 10 days ago.

Dear Customer, in the lack of the clarification requested, I am opting out of this question, that will be available for another Expert to pick.

Expert:  OleksandraC-admin replied 9 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 9 days ago.
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a practising solicitor with several years experience and I will be assisting you today. Please note that this is a Q and A platform and no lawyer client relationship is created. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, what is your specific question in relation to the detained goods?
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 8 days ago.
Can you provide any further information so that I can best advise you?
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 7 days ago.

Unfortunately without further information I will have to provide a general answer.
My first piece of advice would be to resolve any issues informally, this usually involves following some form of complaints procedure rather than automatically proceeding down the legal route.

If this does not provide an adequate outcome then depending on the matter you should then contact a solicitor with specialist knowledge in that area. Please see the following link:

You should select the legal issue from the drop down and include the postcode. A list of solicitors will be generated by proximity to the postcode. As with all professionals it is worth contacting several firms to see which firm can provide the best value for money.