How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlisonSolicitor Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 308
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
AlisonSolicitor is online now

I am entitled to the higher rate mobility allowance. I have

Customer Question

I am entitled to the higher rate mobility allowance. I have recently had a vehicle via Motability but now have just purchased a vehicle privately from Ford. How do I get Road Tax exemption for it, please
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK ESSEX CM8 3NF
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have just taken delivery of the vehicle.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Before I joined Motability I had privately owned vehicles and have am evidence of Entitlement dated 2014
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 10 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 10 days ago.

To get a Road Tax Exemption, you need to go to the Post Office branch that deals with vehicle tax.

You need to take the following:

1. The (V5C) registration certificate (log book) in your name, or a new keeper supplement (V5C/2) if you’ve just bought the vehicle

2. An MOT certificate that’s valid when the tax starts

3. Certificate of Entitlement

4. Insurance Certificate for vehicles registered in Northern Ireland

Once this has been done your vehicle will then be in the Disabled Taxation Class.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.