How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 533
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

My daaauaghter andn her partner had a deed of trust drwan up

Customer Question

my daaauaghter andn her partner had a deed of trust drwan up when they were together to ptotect the interests of her and the son they share together.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The house although not in her name she thought was protected however it has recently been sold after they have been split up for 10 years. It was drawn up by lawyers and we have a copy but never signed , is it legal.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: so far we haave written to her ex to tell him that we require him to pay half of the profits of the assett. He has written back asking for proof of date and signature for his lawyers. we have told him the information he requires is with his lawyers who drew up the document. We have conatected the lawyers and they say the documnets may now be desroyed as they only hold them for so long but they do have proof the document was done.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: dont think so
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for using just answer i will be assisting you today.
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 5 days ago.

Just a few quick points:

  1. I am a solicitor in England and Wales with experience in a wide range of matters.

  2. I will respond to your enquiry as soon as I am able to. If I do not reply right away please bear with me as it may be because I am dealing with another client or I am offline. I will respond as soon as I am able to.

  3. This is a question based/information sharing platform and i cannot legally represent you or act on your behalf.

  4. I may ask you some clarifying questions to help me answer your question as best i can.

I will now deal with your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
i look forward to hearing from you
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 5 days ago.

The first step would be for the parties to try and agree matters themselves or via a process called mediation. If this is not successful she would then need to consider if she has grounds to make an application for provision of the child under Schedule I of the Children Act, or if there is any grounds to make a TOLATA claim but as the property has been sold she would need to act quickly and i would suggest instructing a solicitor.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 4 days ago.
I hope this assisted your enquiry and thank you for using our services.