MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I have a court summons for a speeding offence and I am not

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a court summons for a speeding offence and I am not able to attend the court date as i am out of the country . I also am not sure how to fill in the form I got sent to me and what I should say
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I revived the court summons 3 days ago so nothing so far I am only back from a trip
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: do you want details of the speeding offence ?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Generally, if you failed to attend the Court summons the Court may convict you in your absence. If you plead guilty without attending or do not respond to the summons and the Court wishes to consider a disqualification, it is obliged to adjourn the case to another date in order to allow you the opportunity to attend.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.