Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have an issue where I stayed with a friend for a while at

Customer Question

Hello, I have an issue where I stayed with a friend for a while at a house, there was never a tenancy agreement in place and I was asked to leave due to their being no agreement and I had no rights etc, I left that week, I've now a year later received a £1400 bill for that time where a forged document of a tenancy agreement has been given to a council making me the sole tenant of this property, how can I proceed with this?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I haven't yet, and UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing, I have protested this with the council who have billed me and I'm not getting far, they're due to finally pass me a copy of the signed tenancy agreement after 2 months of chasing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 9 days ago.

You should respond that you never signed any tenancy agreement, also contact the police on 101 and report them for fraud. I trust this assists