Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

On 21 July I filled in a form for a call back. The rang

Customer Question

Hi. On 21 July I filled in a form for a call back. The rang me.back and gave me a.deal for s22 ultra in green, the airbeds and s8 14.6 inches latest tablet from Samsung. They took my Bank details and my full card details and the security number and said that its zero payment now and my del will come tom all dor £36 a month. She then said to hol a on she have to conf with credit team she came back abd said yes its all fine. She got her managerto come.on the libe to confirm i was happywith the order. But I rec a text about a sim. I rang them and said I want to put in a complaint the keep cutting my call they then said that the order was put thru incorrectly. Pls.help
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Leicester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just rang them on 4 occasions ask to spk with a manager but the keep putting me back on the que or cutting the call. I've asked for a.complaint but nothing is being don't call cutting off
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They said its for a sim only and I told them to listen to th we call and my calls ate recorded also. But to no avail
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information about your legal issue and how you want a lawyer to help you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
a call would be fine, thanks
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

I shall be delighted to speak to you today if you accept the site’s automatic offer.

Any additional charges for a Premium Service Phone Call are displayed with the site’s option.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

IGNORE - WRONG THREAD

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 11 days ago.

I note that you have not replied to my request for further information.   I shall therefore post a “general answer” to your type of legal issue.    Please revert to me if I am mistaken as to your type of legal issue or if my answer does not fit the facts of your situation and I shall be delighted to amend my answer accordingly.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 11 days ago.

You have a claim in breach of contract and breach of the sale and supply of goods and services legislation against the supplier.     The Defendant was under a duty in contract law and statute to provide you with a product and service that was fit for purpose, of reasonably satisfactory quality and matched the description at the point of sale. Your damages will be a refund on the purchase price, plus additional costs of rectifying their defective work through another supplier.

You should send a letter of claim to them. There are plenty of free templates online and the consumer protection advice magazine/website “Which?” has a useful template which you can adapt to your claim.

If they do not reply with their reasons for disputing the claim within 21 days, you should issue court proceedings via the Government’s Small Claims Track Online System.

The issue fee depends on the total damages being claimed. If you issue online, the court issue fee ranges from between £35.00 for a claim worth up to £300.00 damages, up to £455.00 for a claim worth between £5,000.00 and £10,000.00 damages. The Small Claims Court Online Portal will advise you on the fee when you come to issue your claim, but you may check the Government’s Court Fee advice booklet EX50 at PDF page 5/21 accessible at the following link.

A party cannot normally recover solicitors’ costs on the Small Claims Track. However, it is designed for non-lawyers (known as “Litigants In Person”). The trials are relatively informal, and the judges do not expect parties to have the same legal knowledge as experienced solicitors and barristers.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 11 days ago.

I hope this is a satisfactory initial reply to your question and you understand my recommendations.   Please revert to me if you do not understand anything and require clarification of my answer and I shall be delighted to assist.

I can also offer a Premium Service Consultation for an additional fee if you need detailed and bespoke legal advice.   If you accept, I will pass you my direct email address and phone number.   I can review any relevant documentation and consult with you by telephone for around 20 minutes.     This will give you a clearer picture of your legal position and your potential options for progressing the matter to the next stage.

If you require further legal advice from me on another topic, please create a new text thread on the portal and tag @EdTurner in the expert box.   I will be notified of your request and prioritise it.

LawyerEd