12826847

I was arrested at the weekend after having way too many

Customer Question

Hi I was arrested at the weekend after having way too many drinks I broke a door to a night club I believe it was after it was closed and they arrested me on suspicion on burglary which I wasn’t trying to steal anything and I told them that they said a likely outcome would be paying damages and be left at that but the case is still under investigation, I was just wondering could the outcome be worse than that? If so what could it got to as far as jail?
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the burglary charges?
Customer: No
JA: Where did the burglary occur?
Customer: just put in town in Warwickshire the intent wasn’t to take anything at all I think I just broke the door as I was way too drunk and being stupid
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry I can’t talk right now would it be ok to text?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Yes, I can do this online.

So you are being prosecuted for burglary?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
They have released me under investigation, they seemed fairly chilled out about it at the station saying I’d probably just be asked to pay damage but just wanted to know if anything worse could happen?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Obviously there is a risk they would prosecute although I would have thought a better charge would be criminal damage if the evidence is as you describe.

I doubt the nightclub would be all that interested in bringing a prosecution overall.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you as they will see I didn’t actually steal anything would it be likely I’ll just get a fine? Nothing like jail time?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

You wouldn't get custody on a first offence of non dwelling burglary anyway.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ah ok thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

If you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JoC

Thanks again,