How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2069
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

Been sold a car with faulty engine, i am in lincolnshire

Customer Question

been sold a car with faulty engine
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am in lincolnshire bought it from cambridge
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just you
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Usually, when a new or second-hand car you bought develops a fault, you could get it repaired or replaced at no further cost to you by whoever sold it to you - or you could get your money back.

The Consumer Rights Act gives you the right to return the car or have it repaired. When you buy a new or second-hand car from a dealership, the Consumer Rights Act stipulates that you can expect it to:

  • be of satisfactory quality

  • meet any description given to you when you were buying it

  • be fit for the purpose

You can make a complaint about this to the dealership. Also, some dealerships and garages have signed up to a Trading Standards backed code of practice which means if your dispute isn't getting anywhere you can refer it to an impartial third party to resolve it - the Motor Ombudsman. You can find all of the information you need on the Motor Ombudsman's website.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no sorry i didnt answer you but am 90 and my partner isill in bed and she called for me
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.