How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6356
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I am in universal credit the moment and I spend a lot of

Customer Question

I am in universal credit the moment and I spend a lot of money , at family court , i’m entitled to claim that money back from my son solicitors
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Great Yarmouth Norfolk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I just Win the case and get a full custody from my child
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.

Hello, how are you today? 

My name is Lea. I am going to see if I can assist with your query. I may need to ask you additional questions and it is important for you to answer all the questions clearly, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response for your specific legal situation. JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

Please confirm that you have read and understood this message and then we can begin.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.


Who were you in court against, your son's father?

Did the court award you your costs?

You can attach the order from the court so I can check the costs for you if you don't know what I am talking about.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.


Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.

The short answer to this is that if the court ordered costs against the other party, that means that they will have to pay your assessed costs (the order will refer to this).

If the court did not order costs and instead says 'no order as to costs', then you cannot get your costs reimbursed.

Costs are rarely ordered in children matters, so it is more likely than not that your order says 'no order as to costs'.

Please do provide the order if you want me to check for you.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.

If I can clarify anything, please do feel free to ask.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.

If you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading of a new thread. Alternatively, once you have rated this question, you will get the option to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. Then, when you wish to ask me another query, you can then simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law.

Please note that there is no need to respond to this message.

Thanks for using JA! All the best!