MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I have a question around the land registry, London, I have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question around the land registry
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have tried to contact my previous solicitor in vain
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have completed my purchase over a year ago and I still have no needs or no confirmation from the land registry. The flat is still registered to the previous owner I.r. t I.e. the developer
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That its a new build
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I dont understand why the land registry is taking so long and I am getting concerned becayse I have very little to prove that I own my flat. I am looking to sell soon and I am wondering how i go about it and besides emailing the land registry what else i can do
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

I see. Usually, updating the register (adding a mortgage or changing ownership) take about 4 to 6 weeks, and creating a new register (transfer of part or new lease) take about 6 to 9 months. Have you asked about the caused of the delay?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
that bit of info is available online and thats concerning me. I have tried emailing my solicitor but they are simply not answering and emailed the land registry but I havent got a reply yet.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm not sure what else i can do
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Have you completed all the necessary requirements and documents during your application in land registry?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My solicitor did
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

I see, if they are not responding their initial pack that you have received should have a complaints procedure. Then they will have to respond. Failing that you could then make a formal complaint.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I havent received any pack
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Everything should have come with the land registry notification but I obviously I haven't received it
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Have they not sent you an introduction pack with all relevant details in that case you can raise a complaint at the following address. https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor/

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No they haven't sent me any pack..I was expecting it after completion but nothing.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Goodness me. Try writing to them directly and request a copy of their complaints procedure before using the link above.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have found it through their website. I have sent one last email threatening them with a complaint..hopefully they come back with something.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Happy to help.