Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am a private tenant but gave my 2 months end of tenancy

I am a private tenant but gave my 2 months end of tenancy notice to the landlord on June 14th, my tenancy ends August 14th.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: Pitlochry. I feel I am being harassed into moving my possessions asap as the landlord has a new tenant already set up. I received a message tonight informing me that that new tenant would like to deliver their furniture to the property on August 10th but I feel this just isn’t appropriate as I still have me own possessions there
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: i am obligated to have the property as it was when I received the keys in 2016 which I have every intention of doing and am doing this week as I am absent from my work
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes. The landlord entered the property without my knowledge and then informed me after the fact

They cannot force you to accept the new tenant moving their items into the property before you are due to leave when you are paying for this. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thankyou. So I am quite within my rights to refuse the landlords request?

Yes. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thankyou

Happy to help, take care