MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I have problem with my my scheme deposit .I moved out

Customer Question

Hi I have problem with my my scheme deposit .I moved out 21.06.22. And I still don't have refund .I sent few emails to my landlord and agency .What I have to do .Can you help me please?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I sent emails to landlord and agency
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am not sure
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

If you paid a deposit at the start of your tenancy, you have the right to get it back at the end. Your landlord or letting agent can only take money off if there’s a good reason - for example if you’ve damaged the property.

You can use your scheme's 'alternative dispute resolution' (ADR) service to help you get your deposit back. It's free and easy to make a claim. You'll usually have to make your claim to the ADR service within 3 months of moving out of the property.

After the ADR service gets evidence from both you and your landlord or letting agent, they’ll send you a final decision within 6 weeks by email or letter. They’ll explain how you'll get any money back that's owed to you.

You and your landlord will have to accept whatever the ADR service decides - you won't be able to challenge it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have email from agency refund full deposit and another email they sent to the me and to deosit scheme for refund but I still didn"t get money on my bank account

You'll usually get your money back in 10 days. However, if you still haven't received the money back after that, you may apply to small claims court to get your deposit back. 

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.