How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4256
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I live in a new build woth two car spaces. Unfortunately my

This answer was rated:

I live in a new build woth two car spaces. Unfortunately my neighbors driveway goes across in front of the property I rent from a housing association. I am having numerous amounts of anti social behavior from my neighbors which results with them on my drive all the time. I have asked my housing association can I put a fence up in front of my property down the drives from the line in the front of my property. They replied with this paragraph and said It was from the deed transfers when they purchased the properties
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Not within three years from today’s date to erect or construct any buildings or structures on any part or parts of the Property and not to make any external alterations or additions to the building(s) or structure(s) now constructed or erected on any part or parts of the Property or to alter or remove any screen wall or fence thereon until plans sections elevations and specifications thereof have been submitted to and approved by the Transferor provided that on any such application for approval (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld) the Transferee shall pay to the Transferor a fee of £75 for considering such application whether or not the approval of the Transferor to such application shall be given.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: No
I have just asked them for permission to let me out a fence up that won't damage any ground work Liverpool, Formby
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am having problems with my neighbor as he is aggressively making threats towards my family to other neighbors. My housing association said they gave him a warning but I don't feel safe with two small children so I feel the fence would give me some separation and security My neighbor has to use part of my drive to access his garden. I have never stopped that access and wouldn't. The fence I want to put up is the opposite side of drive

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Thank you I am reviewing this for you now and shall revert to you in due course.

Thank you, ***** ***** for the title deeds provides you could erect a fence provided the requirements are met i.e enough time has passed, so simply ask them if that is the case.   When you make thee application then you will most likely require to cover the fee stated in the clause as the HA are unlikely to absorb this when the erection of the fence is at your requires.  IF the neighbours are acting in such a way, it would be advisable to obtain evidence about this, such as recordings of the behaviour, this is incase it escalates to a point you may potentially need to make a report for harassment.  However, the Housing Association should be able to confirm if you have met the requirement in order to erect the fence.  

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you