RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I was travelling back from holiday with my daughters and one

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I was travelling back from holiday with my daughters and one of them is detained in Heathrow because her biometric didn’t work. We are British and only hold British passport.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Is anyone who can fast track what the doing holding my daughter please
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just trying to get a solicitor to get some advice or action
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we’re not criminals. Don’t think we have anything else to declare

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
where is your answer/advice?

I am working though some queries but will revert to you soon.   How long has she been at the. airport and what information have they provided you with?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We landed around 9:45pm. No much information given to her apart from a form saying that they have temporary refuse the entry and confiscated her passport.
Further examination or screening to be conducted.
How can she be in any fault when the biometric doesn’t work? She lived in this country since 1999 and is in full employment and pays her taxes.

Hopefully this won't be an issue.  If the biometric has flagged then they will do additional checks to ensure she is not in breach of any immigration laws.  However from what you state this should not be the case.  Once they confirm this they can release her.  Unfortunately, biometric failure is not uncommon.  If possible you should provide the immigration with any of her documentation you have, if they still have her detained in the morning or they advise she will need to go in front of a judge you can look at getting a solicitor to come and help.  Unfortunately until they investigate the matter and come to a determination they have the right to hold her.  You could try speeding up the process by speaking with immigration to see if you can provide them with anything to help with confirmation of this.  However, at the moment although a mistake has been made, they are simply following process.  

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.