JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

We applied for personal loan at Tesco Bank and they required

Customer Question

Hello. We applied for personal loan at Tesco Bank and they required to confirm our address and send back to us. could you do it?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northampton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: They sent us loan agreement I mean get it but after Brexit they need to verify our address and identity
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We get it
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

Yes, it is perfectly normal for a lender to ask for those in order to ensure there is no fraud taking place.

You asked if we can confirm your address for them - we cannot do that as a) we are not a law firm and b) you can confirm your address to them easily if you provide them with proof such as a bank statement or utility bill.

For your ID, they will need to see something like a passport or driving licence, or another Government-issued document with your photo on it.

I am happy to answer anything else for you regarding this - thanks

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

I hope this helps

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question starting off with @JimLawyer.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Jim

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi. Thank you for your reply. We need someone who can confirm on the back of the copy that is original. We have to send it to them. Also they provided the list who can do it. They indicated there solicitors, go etc.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 5 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** need a solicitor at a local law firm to do this, to verify it’s original with their stamp on it.