MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Why would someone want to send you to CCJ when you did not

Customer Question

Why would someone want to send you to CCJ when you did not refuse to pay them but have informed them you will pay them witin a certain period
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK,Bristol
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: send me an email to say if you do not pay within 10 day will be sending you to CCJ Debt collectors
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: was emploed with them and terminated contract with immediate effect, so was paying for COS which i was doing installments and on my resignation i informed them will pay all of it by december
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

It is perhaps because they do not agree with your terms of paying within a certain period. As what you have stated in your initial enquiry, they wish for you to pay within 10 days and no later than that.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
the my said I should pay within 10usd and I don’t not have that money with immediate effect
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

If you can’t afford to pay in full, you need to use ask the court to agree to you making payments based on what you can afford. You do this by completing the N244 form. Complete the form by sharing information about your income, including benefits, and spending.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But she hasn’t taken me to court, so are you saying I fill that form to ask the court to assist me in having to respond to her, because she has given 10 days to pay the amount which am unable
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

You should apply once she has taken you to court.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay, but as for now how should I respond to her ? Because she has given me 10 days to pay which I can not?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Yes, you should explain your situation to her.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What if she doesn’t approve it as she said am no longer her employee and she doesn’t want anything to do with me and wants her money??
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Then she will have to take you to court for CCJ.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But I thought you only take someone who is totally refusing to pay. I have not refused to pay but I just don’t have the whole amount now.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

They may also apply for a CCJ against you if they think you won't repay money you owe them.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

Do you wish to make an agreement with them?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
if they can agree to installments
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

You should send a formal letter to the person whom you owe the money from, and ask to negotiate a payment plan.