How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TheLawLDN Your Own Question
TheLawLDN, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 367
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
TheLawLDN is online now

I am a visitor living in high Wycombe how can I sign up for

Customer Question

Hello I am a visitor living in high Wycombe how can I sign up for a GP
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 5 days ago.

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

  1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural ­person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 5 days ago.

Hello, can you please clarify what is your nationality and if you are in the UK as a visitor for a short stay?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Am looking to sign up for a temporary GP
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 5 days ago.

Can you please clarify what immigration status you have in the UK?

This is of the essence for the answer.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 5 days ago.


Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 4 days ago.

In the lack of the clarification requested, I will provide you with a general answer.

You may find detailed information about how to register with a GP at the following page on the NHS's website:

However, it may happen that some GP practices are less "flexible" than others in the registration procedure.

It is also very important that you understand that registering with a GP does not mean to be entitled to free care from the NHS.

There are conditions to be met for that and, if they are not met, assistance could be quite costly, therefore this is something you have to carefully consider.

You may find useful information about visitors who do not need to pay for NHS treatment
on the NHS website (see link below), but I recommend that speak of this in detail with a GP too, or contact the NHS for further information:,Immigration%20and%20Asylum%20Act%

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best.

Please do not hesitate to contact JA again if you need help and you may ask to speak with me directly if you wish ("For TheLawLDN only").

I would appreciate it if you could provide a positive rating, if you wish so of course.

Thank you very much.