MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I was signed up to a mobile phone contract over the phone. I

I was signed up to a mobile phone contract over the phone. I was led to believe that I was speaking to someone from O2, who I was with, but found out later that the person was not with O2. I have been charged £300 for termination from your mobile.com and have now received an invoice for £427 from plan.com who appear to be a separate company from Yourmobile.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Lancaster UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have pointed out ,via email, that I was misled. Assuming that Imwas dealing with just one company. I have paid the £300 invoice. I can iterate the essence of the initial conversation in which at one point I said: “You are with O2?” The reply was:”We are”.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Other than that I only discovered whatbInfeel to be the deception when I went to O2 to upgrade my phone.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have all the emails to do with this issue

I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request is open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

To answer your enquiry, it is possible that they may have conducted a form of unfair trading practice, specifically a 'misleading action' under consumer law. An action is a misleading action when information is presented in such a way as to deceive, even if it is factually correct, as long as that information causes the consumer to do something they would not otherwise have done.

Here, you believe that you're speaking with someone from O2.

Inform them that you want a full refund of the money they have paid out. To exercise this, you should send a written demand stating that you want a refund on the basis of an unfair commercial practice.

Is there anything else I can help with today?