How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2068
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I would like to know if an insurance company comes back to

This answer was rated:

Hi, I would like to know if an insurance company comes back to me saying that the claim of a life insurance is not eligible, and I am not agree with them because the they reasoning is not true. Do they have to prove to me they are right or I have to prove to them I am right?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: europe
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

I can see that this is under Portugal's jurisdiction. Is this correct? If not, then I will answer your question under the impression this falls under UK jurisdiction.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is another problem. the Insurance company is an international one: Regency for expats, and I do not know under which country they are regulated.

Usually, if you commit life insurance fraud on your insurance application and lie about any risky hobbies, medical conditions, travel plans, or your family health history, the insurance company can refuse your claim.

In this situation, you should make a formal complaint and if that does not resolve the matter, ask them for a "deadlock letter," which is a letter giving their final response.

When you make the complaint, inform the insurer you plan to report them to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which regulates them. You can reach the FCA to report them on 0800(###) ###-####if you wish. It may speed matters up.

Once you have the deadlock letter the next step would be to escalate this to the Ombudsman - they will investigate and liaise with the insurer which would hopefully result in a reinstatement of cover under the policy.

They can order the insurer to make a financial award for the inconvenience if they have acted poorly. Once you have their final response, you can make the complaint to the Ombudsman here: or by email:***@******.***

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
please. How can I find out where is this insurance company is regulated? Where I can find a list of Insurance lawyers?

Would you like me to provide details on how to locate one close to your home address?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
First I want to find out where is this insurance company is regulated than i might need a lawyer, but not a in Portugal, so i would love to know if there is a page online where I can find a specialized lawyer.

You can conduct a search here:

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you.

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further enquiries in the future. We are always happy to help.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

MARTINT330 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you