How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4995
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

My dad passed away 5wks ago he left a will stating that he's

This answer was rated:

My dad passed away 5wks ago he left a will stating that he's half of the house go to me and my sister. We are wondering if you could me into contact with somebody to change the name on the deeds and land registry needs to be cheep as we haven't much money. Also my dad only had half of property and a joint bank account withe me do we still have to do probate.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: St.helens merseyside
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: St.helens merseyside England
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Did you receive it
Hi welcome to justanswer
I am Readylaw one of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The other half of the house belongs to me and my sister off my mum when she died in 2008 we haven't changed the name then as we didn't have the money but thought we could do them both at the same time.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. You may locate a local solicitor to assist with the process via the below link. Select the option wills and input your address.

You do not need to have probate in order to apply for the property to be transferred to both of you as the property was in your respective joint names. This is also the case with the bank accounts.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is there a time limit to take my mum and dad's name off the deeds and put mine and my sisters on. Mum died in 2008 can't find death certificate or will. We have no intention to sell the house we want to keep it and hand it down to the nxt generation.

No there is not.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add the name Readylaw as a favourite expert. You may also tag me in a question starting off with @Readylaw.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,


ReadyLaw and other Law Specialists are ready to help you