How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawry Your Own Question
Lawry, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 581
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawry is online now

I have been sent an evicted notification, And I am on

Customer Question

I have been sent an evicted notification
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: And I am on universal credit
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: TOTTENHAM N154FN
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am on medical I tried to commit suicide
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Lawry replied 9 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will try and help you today.

What notice did you receive, please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
A possession order
Expert:  Lawry replied 9 days ago.

What date is given for eviction?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have a court date on the 16 of August..I am suffering from mental health and I don't know where to ture..I am texting you with tears in my eyes
Expert:  Lawry replied 9 days ago.

I am so sorry.

First, you do not need to leave until there is a Warrant of Possesion and a bailiff attends the property to evict you. This can take a few weeks.

Second, in that event you should contact the Council to be rehoused.

Thirdly, you can apply to the court for a stay of execution using Form N244 that can be downloaded for the GOV/UK website.

Call Shelter on 0808(###) ###-####and they will be able to help you with all these things.

However, if the court hearing is on the 16th it means there is no order yet so yo can go to court and defend the claim. If you go to court there will be a duty solicitor for free who can advise and represent you at the hearing on the day.

What is the ground for the application for possession?

Did you receive a Section 8 notice, initially?

Customer: replied 9 days ago. section 8
Expert:  Lawry replied 9 days ago.

Was it a Section 21 notice?

Expert:  Lawry replied 9 days ago.

Are you in arrears with your rent?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No..I can't read properly
Expert:  Lawry replied 9 days ago.

If you call the Law Society on  0207(###) ###-####they can recommend local firms of solicitors that can help you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Lawry replied 9 days ago.

Either contact the Law Society or Shelter and they can assist.

Otherwise, ensure you attend the hearing on the 16th with all the papers and ask for the duty solicitor.

In the meantime, contact the local Council and tel them you may be evicted so they can put you on their list for accommodation.

Expert:  Lawry replied 9 days ago.

I hope this helps but please ask any further questions you have,