How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9106
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I am looking for a defence statement in a trial where I am a

Customer Question

Hi My name is***** and I am looking for a defence statement in a trial where I am a defendant. What can I do??
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: bishop stortford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have had the judgment set aside order, I have been sued and the judge has ordered that I give a statement that will be sent to the court and the claimant. I have been sued as a person being a director of a company on a matter that was related to the company
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question. I’ll do my best to assist you and provide an accurate and speedy response. Please bear with me as this is an email service and not live chat, replies will not be instant as a result. Also note that the discussions here are for general information purposes only and do not constitute a lawyer client relationship.

Let me just review your query and I’ll come back to you with any points I need clarifying in order to be able to answer.

Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

Is it clear from the court what you need to address in this statement?

When have you been asked to provide it by?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I just finished the trial, about 5 minutes ago
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I need to defend my self in this matter and sent the statement to the court and claimant by 31 of august
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

I understand, you need to file a defence.

Are you clear on what your defence to the claim itself is? Essentially you have to go through the claim form and set out why you disagree with or can dispute the claim that is being made.

Are you confident in writing this yourself or do you need assistance with writing it?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I need some assistance please
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

OK, then let me point you in the direction of someone that can help. As we aren't a law firm, I can't assist with writing a defence directly, but you can either instruct a solicitor or a barrister to help with this. It may be cheaper to get help from a barrister directly as they will only charge for the time it takes to write the defence rather than going on file as acting for you in this matter.

Please see the links here:

Find a solicitor:

Find a barrister:

I hope that this is helpful?

Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

I didn't hear from you again, but I trust that the information provided was of assistance.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. You can request me personally on a new question thread saving my profile as one of your preferred experts and by tagging me (@PLCLEGAL) at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter.

Have a great day!