TheLawLDN
TheLawLDN, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
116381621

Last Saturday I received a Pcn telling me my vehicle was

Good morning last Saturday I received a Pcn telling me my vehicle was left in a car park in Doncaster for 22hours 51 mins on the 12/02/2022 at 15.29 till 14.21 on the 13/02/2022 it’s from a company called CP plus based in London. Although I did go in that car park on the 12th there was no way I would have left my vehicle there. I thought there was a time limit on how long they had to serve a notice and now I am wondering do I pay as I have heard all kinds of things can happen and it can turn out very expensive. Can you help or advise in any way
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I’ve not spoken to a lawyer I live in the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: NONE
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural ­person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.barcouncil.org.uk/find-a-barrister.html

Hello, I do not understand if you are saying that you did not leave the vehicle parked there?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No I did not leave the vehicle there overnight

But did you park it there and did not pay? How much is the charge?

Can you upload here the letter that you received? Please redact the personal information.

I will revert to you later.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It’s a free car park while shopping there yes I parked there on the 12th the Pcn is £100 but if paid before the 08/08/2022 it’s a reduced price of £60

And why were you charged if it was free? You were not shopping?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Because they say I overstayed the time limit and that I parked the for 22 hours 51 minutes yes I was shopping
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hers a picture of the letter
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’ve still had no response from my last picture message

I said I would revert back to you

And it's what I am doing

This is not an instant chat

I guess this company is CP Plus Ltd, t/a Group Nexus.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’m not sure about that it just say CP Plus on the letter

I am not aware of the parking regulations for this car park, but, from your messages, I understand that you: a)you followed the parking regulations in order to confirm that you were there shopping and b)you did not exceed the allowed parking allowance, let alone leave the car parked overnight.

If it's so, and you can prove this - also by a statement with the card transactions confirming the date and time of the shopping and by a witness statement of someone who was with you - you may appeal the charge (the link should be the following, but please check: https://nexusplatform.co.uk/pcn).

If you have received the parking charge notice only on Saturday, you have another ground for appeal because, being this a charge for parking in a private area, the notice should be served on the registered keeper within 14 days of the day after the parking ended.

Some delay could be allowed if the DVLA records are not updated, but it seems that it took too long to serve this notice.

Based on the following advice that I can find in the FAQ section of their website, I recommend that an appeal is submitted within 14 days of the date the letter was issued:

What will happen if I ignore the Parking Charge Notice?

Failure to pay or appeal the PCN within 14 days of the date it was issued will result in the early payment discount no longer being applicable to your case. The amount payable will increase to the full amount due, which is shown clearly on the PCN and is also displayed on the signs.

If no payment or appeal is received within 28 days of the date your PCN was issued, the case may be escalated for further action. This includes, but is not limited to, Debt Collection and may ultimately result in Court action and further costs may be incurred.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best.

Please do not hesitate to contact JA again if you need help and you may ask to speak with me directly if you wish ("For TheLawLDN only").

I would appreciate it if you could provide a positive rating, if you wish so of course.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you very much

You are welcome