AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

I'm in the UK on a Skilled Worker Visa. I can't find any

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm in the UK on a Skilled Worker Visa. I can't find any specific information if I'm allowed to open a trading account. Could you help me with that?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Sorry?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I live in the UK and I'm Syrian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: I didn't
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that's everything. Thanks!
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Alison - I think that's all
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry, I didn't know there is an additional amount for calls

I can see they platform has offered you a call. If you do not need one we can continue to discuss here on the chat. If you change your mind and want a call feel free to request and we can arrange for one for you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'd prefer the chat, thank you

Can you please explain to me what kind of trading account it is you want to open?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Forex Trading
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just a personal account

Yes, you can open a trading account.

You don't need to be citizen to do stock trading, and being on a Visa will not prohibit you from opening one.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I understand that I don't need to be a citizen to do stock trading, but I was wondering specifically about the Skilled Worker Visa. I had a student visa before, for instance, and it stated clearly that I'm not allowed to do any kind of freelance work such as trading. For the Skilled Worker Visa, however, the guidance is not clear. So is your advice that I can open a trading account specific for Skilled Worker Visas?

Yes, you can open a trading account with your Skilled Worker Visa.

Just as the student visa, it will be considered as freelance work. This is alright as long as it wont affect your work with your Sponsor Employer and you are still doing the job you're being sponsored for. There is a limit of 20 hours a week and you will have to pay income tax for any income you receive on trading.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok, perfect. Thanks!

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That's everything. Thanks Alison

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future if you have further enquiries.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.