ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

With a restraining order, can the victim legally make

With a restraining order, can the victim legally make contact with the defendant?
JA: Was a restraining order issued? What were the basic terms?
Customer: Likely to be issued. So not sure of the terms yet. No violence involved.
JA: Is there ongoing abuse or harassment? Were the police called?
Customer: Likely to be charged with harassment - sent 4 emails to say I still loved her, would forgive her affair and would do anything to keep our family together. No aggression or nasty language.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I damaged a piece of furniture while alone in the family house when I first found out about the affair. Is there a cost for this service btw? Thanks
Hi welcome to justanswer
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Initially arrested for damaging the furniture. Broke bail 4 times via email to say I still loved her etc. Then arrested again for breaking bail and taken to court. No previous domestic issues or trouble with the police. We’ve been together for 21 years and have 2 young children
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The 4 emails have been classed as harassment but there was no negative content - simply that I loved her, would forgive her and wanted to keep our family together.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. Unfortunately these emails even if not nasty would be in breach of your bail condition as well as the restraining order. The onus is on you not to make any contact at all. This would include sending emails.

The victim is also to comply with the no contact terms. If the victim reaches out to you however, there is a greater burden/onus on you not to respond. I do not think you are doing yourself or your family any favours by breaching the orders. These kinds of things usually have a ripple effect. For example, you may want to have contact with the children in the future if the relationship does not work out. The other party may use this to say you are unstable and may pose a risk to the children.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Fully understood. Thank you.

You are welcome

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add the nameCustomeras a favourite expert. You may also tag me in a question starting off with @Readylaw.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Customer/p>