MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

My husband of 33 years has left me for another woman. Is he

Customer Question

My husband of 33 years has left me for another woman. Is he going to be intitled to any of my family inheritance?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm unable to work because of health issues
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 5 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 5 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I just need to no legally what Im intitled to. We have a farm that wown jointly and the money we have in several joint accounts plus the money we got just before COVID from the sale of my parents home. I don't have anyone to turn to for help as I'm an only child with no children. He has just walked out and moved in with another woman. He's filed for divorce and he's pushing me to sell our home. I don't know what I should be doing?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 5 days ago.

All the marriage assets, unless stated otherwise in a prenup, will be pooled and treated as joint marital assets. However, money or property that you have inherited either prior or during the marriage can be considered as non-matrimonial assets. So if you have inherited them before the marriage, then your husband is not entitled to any of your inheritance. 

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 4 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.