AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

My daughter schools in Northern Ireland and is an Irish

Customer Question

Hello, my daughter schools in Northern Ireland and is an Irish citizen. She is 17 and has to stay with guardians, but i want to settle in with her in the UK and my younger daughter. How do I go about this
JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about this? What country does she live in?
Customer: I haven't spoken to a lawyer about this. I have been in the UK for a month now
JA: What steps has she taken so far?
Customer: I haven't taken any steps
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No

Can you tell me your citizenship?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My daughter is 17 turning 18 in october
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am Nigerian
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do I have to pay the 44 pounds just for advice?

I can see they platform has offered you a call. If you do not need one we can continue to discuss here on the chat. If you change your mind and want a call feel free to request and we can arrange for one for you.

Do you have family in the UK who has a pre-settled status or settled status? or any visa?

You would need to apply for a visa if you plan to live in the UK.

There are different types of Visa you can apply for, like a UK work permit or resident permits.

You would need to arrange your Visa first before you can enter the UK.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am already in the UK on a visiting visa
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
However, I have decided to settle with my daughter who already attends school.
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 8 days ago.

It should be a straightforward process in that case. However I note you have mentioned a guardianship above. Do you have any documents relating to this. If so please send through copies and I am happy to advise.

I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.