Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I got fired today over 2 little things that happened over

Hi, So i got fired today over 2 little things that happened over the past couple of days and it feels like a very unfair dismissal but im not too sure on it
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wantage
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Wantage sorry my phone messed up
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: im confused because i got fired for leaving work early last Friday and had a bit of a laugh whilst working. My attendance is perfect, my work is neat, achieved to a high standard everyday all finished by the end of the day. Im never late, I know my job very well and they got rid of me because of 2 small things yet there are several people who still work there who have done a lot worse than me

How long have you been employed there?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, not a problem, thank you. I have worked there now for 10 months

I see. Unfortunately, as you have been continuously employed at you place of work for less than 2 years then you can be dismissed for virtually any reason without being able to bring a legal claim. The only exceptions are if your dismissal was based on discrimination due to a protected characteristic like race or based on you asserting your statutory rights like minimum wage. That is not the case here and therefore you cannot bring a claim even if the dismissal was unfair. I am sorry I cannot give you better news. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
okay that's not a problem. They have really put me into the worst position.. Fired me whilst I have no money, have bills to pay and my mental health has shot through the roof because i now dont know what to do with myself. I cant even afford to live now. But no worries, not much i can do about it. Thank you for your time. Is it just the £5 i have to pay?

If you have account queries you need to contact customer service as I have no control over that: https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

Take care