How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4267
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

It is in London, No steps, No

Customer Question

JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It is in London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: No steps
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink- or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Hi there,

What is your specific question, please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My partner just got to London. He is a Spanish citizen and he is looking to relocate here. He doesnt have a working visa yet but he wants to apply soon. Does he need to apply from Spain or can he do it from the UK?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Hi there,

As your partner is here in the UK as a visitor , he can not apply for a work visa from within the UK. He would have to apply for work visa from Spain and came to the UK on his work visa. to work here in the UK

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok tha k you. Also, what it the process of applying for working visa? Does he need to have job secured already?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
how long does it usually take?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

He needs a Skilled Worker visa allows you to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved employer.

To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, he must:

  • work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office

    • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK

    • do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations

    • be paid a minimum salary - how much depends on the type of work you do

    So, he must have-

    • Must have been offered a job by a UK employer which holds a sponsorship licence

    • The job offer must be a ‘genuine vacancy’ and at an appropriate skill level

    • Must have been given a Certificate of Sponsorship from the employer, which details information about the job being offered in the UK

    • The job must offer a certain minimum salary, which differs depending on the job role

    • Must be able to prove that your English language ability is to at least the level of B1 as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages

    • Must have enough money to support yourself whilst you are in the UK (you will need to provide documentation to prove this)

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

It usually takes around 3-4 weeks to get skilled worker visa .

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok great, that's all I need to know. Thank you for your time
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

You are welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.