Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Do I have to pay a bus lane fine, Colchester, I have only

Customer Question

Do I have to pay a bus lane fine
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have only just received the letter
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Hi there,

If you use a bus lane incorrectly, you could be issued with a penalty charge notice (PCN), which is a fine.

The size of the fine varies across the UK. All councils levies these fines,

Highway code rule 141 provides -

Bus lanes are shown by road markings and signs that indicate which (if any) other vehicles are permitted to use the bus lane.

Unless otherwise indicated, you should not drive in a bus lane during its period of operation. You may enter a bus lane to stop, to load or unload where this is not prohibited.

So, if you are caught driving in  the bus lane, then you are liable to pay the fine.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.