MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

We are both 88 years old and our houes is band F. Can you

Customer Question

We are both 88 years old and our houes is band F. Can you please tell me what financial assistance the governemnt
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry i did not finish my question . We live in Lytchett Minster in Dorset and can you olease also tell me how we can claim the assistance?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We are both reasonably healthy although my wife neads to apply for a disabled badge
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

The financial assistance you will get will usually depend on your situation. You can use the Turn2us, Entitledto, and Policy in Practice benefit calculators to check which benefits/financial assistance from the government you can get.

You may check the benefit calculators website here:

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Your system told me that you would answer my question, an you please give me the answers to my wuestions, if you need further information please ask me? Thank you
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

That is my answer to your question. You need to use the benefit calculators above to check what financial assistance you can get from the government.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 5 days ago.

There are many entitlements, I will list a few below.

Winter Fuel Payment is an annual tax-free payment for households that include someone born on or before 25 September 1956. It's designed to help you cover your heating costs in winter.

If you were born on or before 25 September 1956, you could get between £100 and £300 to help with your bills in winter this year. The exact amount depends on your age and whether other people in your household also qualify. You’ll usually get a smaller payment if you live in a care home or nursing home and don't get one of the following benefits: Pension Credit income-based Jobseeker's Allowance income-related Employment and Support Allowance Income Support. If you live in a care home or nursing home and you do get any of these benefits, then you're not entitled to a Winter Fuel Payment.

If you're 75 or over and you claim Pension Credit, you're entitled to a free TV licence. If you're visually impaired, you may be able to get a discount.

Council Tax Support (also known as Council Tax Reduction) is a benefit to help people who are on a low income or claiming certain benefits to pay their Council Tax bill.

If you're 60 or over or you have a disability, you might be eligible for public transport concessions – from discounts on your rail journeys to a free bus pass.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 5 days ago.

I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 4 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. Please remember we are always here and happy to help. Please do let me know if you have any further questions you would like answered.