Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My husband died in January. We had booked a cruise for

Customer Question

My husband died in January. We had booked a cruise for March. I had separate travel insurance disclosing his prexisting medical conditions. That insurance has agreed the claim but at 50% as the insurance was only for him. I have my own insurance who i initially tried to claim from. They eventually declined to pay out due to my late husband's preexisting conditions. Can I claim for my share of the cancelled holiday from my own insurance?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in England and only received claim settlement news yesterday.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. Just want to know if worth pursuing.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 10 days ago.

A very good day to you there, how do you do? It is my pleasure to assist you today.

My name is ***** ***** law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the enquiry.

Before I can provide you advice on your question, there are a few things to note: I will endeavour to respond to your enquiry very quickly, but if you do not receive my response immediately, do not worry I will not have forgotten, I would either be reviewing your question fully or it could be a technical delay on my end. Please know that I will be with you as soon as possible.

I hear what you're saying. It's totally natural that you would feel this way.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My insurance covered both of us. HMyhusband's s GP stated the cause of death was not related to apreexisting conditions. Nonetheless, Allianz refused to pay out. I then had to submit a another medical form to Staysure, who are insurers for my husband with his prexisting conditions. During this protracted claim I have lost 6 months of travel insurance i culd have claimed back so it seems i have been penalised twice. I now only have 135 days left to recover.

Thank you for your patience. If it was a joint insurance policy covering you and him then failure to disclose would affect the whole policy not just the share relating to the person whose condition was not disclosed.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to clarify and to assist further.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
His preexisting conditions were the reason the joint insurance ceased to cover those problems, however the policy still covered anything new. There was no non disclosure!
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 9 days ago.

Noted