How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlisonSolicitor Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 290
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
AlisonSolicitor is online now

We are tenant's in an office building in scotland. Our

This answer was rated:

Hi, we are tenant's in an office building in scotland. Our business partner is abroad at the moment, he is 3 days late on paying the rent. The landlord has threatened to restrict our access to the building tomorrow. I am reaching out to see if this is legal?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: Glasgow
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: our business partner is in dispute with them over work he carried out. tbh i am not entirely sure of the background. We paid them 3k last week to cover the last quarter.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request is open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

May I ask if you have a copy of your contract? There should be rules there with regard to the late payment.

I can review it for you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please cancel call
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry I don't have the contract. Our partner made the agreement and he's on holiday until Monday
I see. If that's the case, you can talk to the landlord and advise that your partner is on leave until Monday. You can advise the landlord that you will deal with the payments once your partner has arrived.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

AlisonSolicitor and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you