How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2067
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

A neighbour on the road behind us constantly plays loud

Customer Question

Hi, a neighbour on the road behind us constantly plays loud music. I went round last week and asked them to turn it down and got assaulted. Today I received a letter saying I was harassing her. I’m wondering what to do next?
JA: Where is the neighbor? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: As in the area? Sheffield, UK
JA: What steps has the neighbor taken so far?
Customer: Weve just received the letter today to say she is reporting me as harassing her. All our neighbours complain to the council/police about her, but she thinks they all come from me.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Nothing really, I’m just really worried sick about her false claim
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

In your case, I would advise you to take any of the following steps:

1.) Follow up with the housing association. They have the power to determine whether the current occupant is still fit to occupy the premises under the conditions they have established.

2.) You can report the matter to your local council. If there are multiple occurrences of the playing music, it would be wise to capture a recording on different days so you can

3.) Report the matter to the local police if the noisy conduct constitutes 'anti-social' behaviour. The police have the power to fine these kinds of behaviours, which include acts such as loud noise, verbal abuse, and inconsiderate behaviour. Also, you may report her for false claim.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That’s great, I wasn’t sure if I could report the false claim. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

No problem.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future if you have further enquiries.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.