How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2076
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I need some advice on antisocial behaviour that my neighbour

This answer was rated:

I need some advice on antisocial behaviour that my neighbour is doing to me I have contacted the police several times about several incidents and all they have done is sent her a email warning her not to do it again they close the first case and then she has started shouting abuse again and filming my brother having an autistic meltdown and all the Pcso officer does is keep saying that remember to make sure that it is suitable that you are reporting to us she has not been really affective in doing her job nor has the rest of the people who have been involved as they’ve got the same attitude I was told if I kept phoning the police I would be done for malicious communications is there anything else I can do

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would like to add that this has been going on since March of this year and the case got closed but then it had to do another case because she has started doing antisocial behaviour again I mean it’s only been to instant so far but that is not the point sorry for my misspelling I can’t spell very well

In that case, I would advise you to take any of the following steps:

1.) Follow up with the housing association. They have the power to determine whether the current occupant is still fit to occupy the premises under the conditions they have established.

2.) You can report the matter to your local council. If there are multiple occurrences of her shouting, it would be wise to capture a recording on different days so you can

3.) Report the matter to the local police if the noisy conduct constitutes 'anti-social' behaviour. The police have the power to fine these kinds of behaviours, which include acts such as loud noise, verbal abuse, and inconsiderate behaviour.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have done all of this and the police just sent her an email warning her of her behaviour
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
When they promised they would go round and talk to her or give her a phone call if they said in the first place that they would send an email then I would have said no you need to go and speak to her I mean I had to find out several times contacting them about the situation the police that they have done that and then they had a go at me saying if you continuously keep ringing us then we will have to investigate you under the malicious communications act I’ve never been threatening or swearing when contacting the police I’ve been very polite I just feel like they have let her get away with what she’s been doing this all results back to her going to our housing Association and saying I was taking pictures of her and her kids this was two weeks before we decided to put up a small camera to protect our property we have got signed up warning of the camera and it only records when people walk past it and it’s not on anyone’s property she has got a ring video doorbell which face is right onto our property so she can see when any visitors come to our property and she has not got any signs up warning people that she’s got a camera in place

Good morning.

In this situation, you have an option to apply for an injunction against her. It is possible to apply for an injunction under private nuisance. 

You can apply for an injunction using the form here

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Should chase up the mediation aswell That’s what the housing association are going to do

I see. You should settle this and go to mediation first before applying for an injunction.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can I get a legal agreement for her to sign in mediation

Yes, it's possible.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay il will talk to them when they contact me what happens if she doesn’t sign it ?

Your other option is to apply for an injunction.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I think that’s what I do for now I have put a complaint in about the way the police have Dealt with it I mean the PCO officer said that Solicitors don’t have any qualifications in antisocial law

Yes, that would be your option if you cannot reach an agreement through mediation.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay thank you very much I shall wait for the mediation and then take it from there
Thank you for your enquiry. Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you today.
MARTINT330 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you