MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Small claim airbnb, UK, london, nothing, No

Customer Question

Small claim airbnb
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK, london
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Great, Hi Martin
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Could i call you?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Oh, didnt know i have to pay
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request is open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ill keep texting then
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
its about airbnb
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I bought a gift card £225
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am brazilian and my account i made in Brazil many years ago, but now i live in UK and i have been here for almost 4 years
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I added this gift card in my account, but somehow i coundnt use it
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I tried to contact airbnb, its been now a 3 day talk
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Basically they said my issue would be sorted and i asked just to be sure, that i would not loose my money, the guy said Yes i wouldnt
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
now he said everything they can do its give me 100 dolars voucher
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
basically i have £225 stopped in my account, ill never be able to use it, and they dont want to give me the right amount of voucher
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
im wondering if this is a case I can go through?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Because I dont think they are allowed to do that
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Okay, I see. Do you want to sue Airbnb in small claims court?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

You can sue Airbnb in small claims as long as the dispute is for $10,000 or less.  Your reason could be the failure to refund you since they promised you a refund but received only a part of it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I havent even received a part of it
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I said i coudnt accept and he closed the case without giving me
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
how can I do it? How much would be reasonable to ask? The only thing I'm having is stress
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Am I allowed to still try to get the 100 dolars? should i try? Woundt this make my case weaker?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

In that case, you can sue Airbnb. First, you should send a Demand Letter. A demand letter is a letter that outlines a set of requests. For example, you could request a refund and explain why you are requesting a refund.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

If you are unsure of what to include in your demand letter to Airbnb, you can include:

• How much money you are owed.
  • Why you are owed money.
  • Your contact information.
  • Where to send payment.
  • Give them a few days to respond (usually about 7 to 14 days).
  • State that if they don't respond, you intend to sue.

Mail the demand letter to:

Airbnb, Inc.

***** #4

San Francisco, CA 94103

You can also mail a copy of the letter to Airbnb's agent in California:

CSC- Lawyers Incorporating Service

2710 Gateway Oaks Drive

Suite 150N

Sacramento, CA 95833

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

If Airbnb ignores your demand letter, then you may be able to sue Airbnb in a small claims court.  The amount you will pay to file a small claims lawsuit in California depends on how much you are suing Airbnb for. You will pay between $30 to $75 to file the lawsuit. If you cannot afford to pay court fees, you can ask the court to waive the fees.

Once the lawsuit is filed, you have to notify Airbnb that you have sued them. This is called "serving." Serving costs  can range from $0-$75.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If they do not answer, all I'll try to get is the £225 or can i ask more? because the amount of work to put into it will be quite a lot
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
also ill have to pay these fees
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

If you win your case, you'll get the court fees back as well as the claim, and you can ask for certain expenses. If you win, you, however, can't charge fees for any legal advice to the defendant. So if you pay for legal advice, you're unlikely to get it back.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.