ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I am self employed, had a no fault accident. My car was of

I am self employed, had a no fault accident. My car was of comprehensive Insunrance and has been written off.
I sustained whiplash from the accident and has been advised by my GP to take 4weeks off work.
However, been to my been self employed, I will not receive any immediate income nor compensation to meet up with my bills and expenses.
Please advise me on what to do. Thanks
Hi welcome to justanswer
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please advise me on what to do. Thank you

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. Kindly give me a minute I am typing a response to you,

The most practical thing to do would be to sign up for universal credit while you await the outcome of any payment from your insurers as well as any compensatory payments.

You may also be eligible for Employment Support Allowance from the government. These are both benefits you may apply for online or, alternatively, you may go in to your local citizens advice bureau who may be able to assist with the necessary application.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have done that but will UC pay for my council tax and Rent?

If you are eligible for UC you will also get assistance with payment for rent as well as receive a reduction in your council tax bills.

if you intend to make a claim against the other driver, you will need to speak to your insurers immediately.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Pls remember, I am self employed. Will I be qualified for employment support allowance?

Yes you may qualify even if you are self employed.

Please see below link with eligibility requirement information

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/eligibility

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add the nameCustomeras a favourite expert. You may also tag me in a question starting off with @Readylaw.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Customer/p>

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Many thanksCustomerx

You are welcome

All the best

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I do have more questions.

You may raise a new question directly for the attention ofCustomer It will be forwarded for my attention.