james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I would like reassurance that if a company threatens to take

I would like reassurance that if a company threatens to take you to court for withholding payment from the contract agreement there is a strong likelihood that they will prefer not to go down that route when they know you have withheld direct debit payments because of their lack of good service.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Tonbridge Kent UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have not replied to the threatening letters to pay up hoping they will not continue harassing me.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I signed a contract for a year's term without checking sufficiently that I wouldn't be able to come out of the membership and I would have to keep on paying a monthly £49 The company has agreed to my request to have my name removed but press for the several month's payments remaining of the years full term. I have not received the kind of service I was expecting!

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Hi there,

Could you please elaborate a bit about this contract ?

& If you signed this contract as an individual or as a company?

As the required information is not provided, I can not answer this question and will have to opt-out of it.

Thank you. Best wishes.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Very sorry, but we cannot give you the reassurance that you would want. If another party is owed money and have written threatening legal recovery action against you for that debt, then there is a very good chance they will do that. It does not cost them anything. Because the court fees to bring the case will be added to the debt, along with interest at 8%

The fact you did not full read and understand what you were signing and entering into “ without checking sufficiently that I wouldn't be able to come out of the membership and I would have to keep on paying a monthly £49” would be seen as your own fault, not that of the other party.

Lack of good service is no reason not to pay a contractual agreement.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Perfect complete answer for what I needed.
Your welcome
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thank you for your response and comment.
R. Beck

your welcome.

james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: Owner at James Bruce Solicitors