AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

Morning I have booked 3 flight for me, wife ,daughter, I was

Morning I have booked 3 flight for me , wife ,daughter, I was issued tickets by Emirates when I tried to book seats for flights , I was told by Emirates that the travel company has asked for a refund, but that was not by me what can I do I have sent numerous emails and tried to phone them , now I have just read on ATOL website that they stopped trading on 26th July , I paid by debit card for 2 and credit card for 1
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Durham UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have got in touch with ATOL and I am going to ask at my bank and phone credit card , but I thought I would ask citizens advice first
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so I have kept all emails from this travel company

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don’t think so as I said I have all emails from this company , I think they have just been telling lie after lie

Do you know if your travel agency has an ATOL?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can I call this afternoon as I have a doctors appointment at 11.30 am sorry about this regards David

I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but if you make request, it will be open to other Experts to help you.

I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you I will get back to you after I get back home

Yes, I will be here to answer your questions.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Alison if I may call you by that I am back home now is it possible to chat on phone ?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Also regarding phone call I can call tomorrow if they’d ok k will pay the £44 no problem regards David

Unfortunately, I am still unavailable for a call, but I would be more that happy to continue chatting.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you there ATOL number is ***** but I don’t know if it’s real or bogus the company is DreamWorldTravel, London , I paid for 2 tickets with debit card and 1 ticket for my daughter on another credit card also the wife told me after I booked them a few days later she could get one more weeks holiday so we could stay in her Thailand village that extra week I contacted them to ask they changed the dates for a fee of £996 for 2 I thought at the time with it being over Christmas and New Year it was the fuel and charges , I paid that on credit card . I got a text off Emirates to say the flight time from Newcastle had changed from 8 pm to 1 pm afternoon that was back to there old schedule I also got Emirates code to book seats and when I tried to book them it said not recognised so I phone them up to ask the problem , Emirates told me the travel company had asked for a refund and mind and wife flights cancelled . Now on the ATOL website they said DreamWorldTravel has stopped trading as of 26th July . Could you advise me what to do next go to the bank and phone credit card company . At present my head is all over the place the total outlay is over £3000 regards David

Let me check if they have an ATOL, and I will get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you Alison very much appreciated

I see, it seems that they might have stopped doing business.

And as they have an ATOL, you can make a claim with ATOL . You can use this site : https://www.caa.co.uk/atol-protection/make-an-atol-claim/making-an-atol-claim/

As you have not yet travelled, ATOL can offer you a full refund but they will be unable to issue you new tickets.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you ever so much very very helpful so I go on that website and all forms are available . Should I contact my bank and credit card company and tell them of this situation ? Thank you regards ***** ***** I have any more questions may I reply to you on this email address please thank you again

It may be unnecessary but yes, you can call them to inform of them of the situation.

You can save the URL above and come back to it when you have further questions.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks again very much appreciated

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future if you have further enquiries.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. Please remember we are always here and happy to help. Please do let me know if you have any further questions you would like answered.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Excellent very very good
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No trouble you gave me real good advice and confidence that I needed very much appreciated thank you again regards David

No problem and thank you! Good morning and have a good day.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
10 out of 10 Alison was absolutely brilliant
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Brilliant service