ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I need some advices regarding my rehousing issue. Leeds,

Good morning,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Yes, I need some advices regarding my rehousing issue.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Leeds, LS14 1HA
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Well, I have applied for an application to be rehoused due to my health condition. After an assessment by health and living housing officer decision to rehouse me as I live top of a maisonette without a lift. I am suffering from an hip osteoarthritis.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Ok, I like in the property since 2004, and the stairs make my daily life difficult, despairing the letters from my GP, my application has been moved to Band A, I am still bidding and the housing is known that I am waiting for an hip replacement, I going to the hospital Tuesday 9th for an operation, my concern is how I am going to get in the property after my surgery.
Hi welcome to justanswer
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’am going to have an hip replacement on 9th August, I will stay hospital for 2 to 3 nights, how am I getting my property without a lift as I live on the top floor of a maisonette. I am on Band A to be rehoused desperate my weekly bidding. Just some before going to the hospital please.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, I am not paying £44 , I have got a disability..

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. That’s fine we can talk here. Based on the band you are currently placed at, it means your rehousing application is being treated as extremely urgent.

There is no guarantee however that you would be rehoused by the date of your surgery and there is unfortunately no legal step you could take against your council if you are not accommodated by then. Practically you may put pressure in your council or local authority by writing to them and I pressing upon them the need for them to act with urgency.

You may also contact your local member if parliament to see whether they could intervene and speak to the council on your behalf. However, I will be candid with you in saying that if you are not rehoused by the date of your surgery there is no legal action which you may take against the council in these circumstances.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok, thanks

You are welcome

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add the nameCustomeras a favourite expert. You may also tag me in a question starting off with @Readylaw.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Customer/p>

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will do, thanks

You are welcome