How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4963
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I have been asked to take an arrangement order by social

This answer was rated:

I have been asked to take an arrangement order by social services for my granddaughter who is 4 and then ti decide on a special guardianship order or foster care. They have advised me to find out about them through legal advice
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet we are about to start the process
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I think it might be blackpol although I come under wyre Borough and it lancashire social services
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: At present my son has sole custody he is homeless and she lives with me
Hi welcome to justanswer
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
at the moment my sons clothes are in my house which means he keeps coming round demanding to come in he changes leaves his dirty clothes picks out what we wants and eventually leaves he can be abusive I have had to phone the police they log it I have been advised that I can't throw them out I have to keep them in my house I am in a position of him coming round when he feels like it. This is all taking place in front of my granddaughter social services are aware the police just say its a civil matter
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
can we keep this to online

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. I am sorry to hear what is happening. Firstly with respect to your son, you are not legally required to allow him access and could simply change your locks so that he no longer has access.

With a special guardianship order you would share parental responsibility with biological parents until the child attains the age of 18 years. You will however be able to make day to day decisions in relation to your grandchild’s day life without requiring parental consent.

The Guardian's Allowance rate is £18.55 a week. You get it on top of Child Benefit

Fostering is very similar to the SGO, in that, you would be responsible for the child until the child attains the age of 18 years. 

You become the child’s main carer and can make day to day decisions, however you will not get Parental Responsibility. Those with Parental Responsibility, such as the parent, retain their Parental Responsibility and would continue to exercise it. This means your son would still have a major say in the decision making process involving the child. 

Please see below link with the financial remuneration you would receive as a foster parent

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

ReadyLaw and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No that's fine thanks

You are welcome

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add the nameCustomeras a favourite expert. You may also tag me in a question starting off with @Readylaw.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,