ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I’m after some advice on my company, I’ve just had to come

I’m after some advice on my company, I’ve just had to come come because I was too upset to carry on for the day
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: oxfordshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i handed in my notice yesterday, and gave a week as they told me I was on probation for 6 months. I have a new job to go to but they are now saying I have to give 4 weeks and they have already contacted their solicitor and will sue me… he also told me he has been sitting on a mortgage application request as I’m buying a new house with my partner and will send that back and say that I don’t work there….
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Hi welcome to Justanswer

I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.

I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.

If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Just what I typed, thank you.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. I note your request for a call, a colleague of mine should be doing so shortly. I will however give you some assistance here in the meantime.

You are required to give notice even if you are on probation. However, if you do not give the requisite notice,  this is not something for which you would be sued for. I suspect your ex employer has said this out of anger. The most that could happen is that your final month’s salary is likely to be lessened as you would not have worked for the entire period.

It is not unusual for them not to return the mortgage document if you are no longer employed to them. I would recommend simply informing the mortgagor and requesting for the document to be forwarded to your new employers. This is unlikely to affect your mortgage application.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.