Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I am buying a compact tractor from a company on line, the

i am buying a compact tractor from a company on line, the company is called A Parsons & Son.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am in Huddersfield and the company is in Chippenham but i think the tractor is in Germany, the invoice asks me to pay the bank in Germany to the account of RAZVAN DORU DUMITRU there is no mention of VAT
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i sent them a message with the stock number and we agreed a price of £5000. 00, they sent me an invoice asking to be paid in euros,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: as it happens i have a euro account with a British Bank because we have a development in France and intended to rum it from here.
Hello, I’m Ben, a solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

I see you have already mentioned that you want to know about a purchase you are making. Is there anything more specific that you would like to know about it? I also wanted to make you aware that this is not always an instant service, due to various legal engagements I could have and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the web site for this company is accessed by aps-farming.com/tractors. if you type in A Parsons & Son its a farming company, i don't know if it's the same company.
i am a bit wary because i found a tractor on line at a company a few miles away from where i live, it looked a legitimate company but it did not exist it was a scam.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the bank declined your payment. i have had a message from the bank and accepted your payment request but my mobile's battery has died so i can't ring you yet, i am also deaf and have blue tooth hearing aids but am having problems with them when at my computer, the reception is poor and i keep loosing the calls,
you can retry with the payment and i will ring you back in an hour or so if that is ok.

Many thanks for your patience, it is appreciated. I am now pleased to be able to provide further assistance with your query. I agree that you should be suspicious about them. I have checked the website and it was only created last month. Then you have to pay through German bank, to an account owned by looks like a Romanian person. You have no guarantees that the tractor actually exists and with the concerns mentioned above, it is a huge risk to be paying them for something you simply do not have any protection over and could easily lose your money through. I would steer well clear of them and pay nothing.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Do you need any more info from me
Answer is above, hopefully you have seen it
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He called me this afternoon, thank you.

no worries, all the best