Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I would like to ask a question regarding my bank account,

I would like to ask a question regarding my bank account
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Metro froze my account over two months ago and they have now removed money from my account without informing me
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Am in London
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have not had any correspondence from Metro since they have frozen my account. I was gifted a some of money for my son by his Godfather over 2/3 years ago. He has passed away recently and someone clame the transaction was fraudulent. That's all I've been told, when my son Godfather was the one that went into the bank, andad3 the transfer.

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

How much was gifted to you and why?

and why has your account been frozen now if this was 2/3 years ago?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
163;Seventy thousands pounds. I was informed my the bank that someone reported fraud. My son Godfather has recently passed away

All these newfangled banks cause problems. I just don’t think they have the experience. Was the donor of this money abroad or in the UK?

Hello again.

I see that you have not had a chance to get back to me with the information I requested. It would really help me if I had the full background please.

Based on the limited information provided, let me answer you as far as I can at this stage in time.

If this isn’t what you are looking for or doesn’t answer your question, please respond and we can continue this thread until all your queries are answered.

Meanwhile.....

Need to make a formal complaint in writing to the bank and if that doesn’t work (it won’t) then refer it to the Financial Ombudsman.

There is a process that you need to go through although you can phone them, you will need to put everything in writing

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm:

Please note that you have to have exhausted the bank’s complaints procedure or not had a satisfactory reply within eight weeks before you can refer it to the Ombudsman.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question. I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Stuart

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
In the UK

Thank you. You have my comprehensive answer above which is as much as I’m able to tell you based upon the information in front of me. Can I help further?