Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Metro Bank decided out of the blue to close my Commercial

Metro Bank decided out of the blue to close my Commercial Bank account. Without any reasons and will cause serious problems for my business. I have every single files and evidences I am running a legitimate business. Just because our Turnover has reached millions in short time, doesn't mean we are fraudsters. I need to fight this case... I'm not going back on Universal Credit! I just need to know if there's any chance to win against High street Bank or do they have the power to destroy us?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I just got the letter and never needed a lawyer for this type of issue. I'm in London, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My first step it's here. I don't want to waste my time with many steps and in the end I still lose the case. I just need to know what my chances are
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thank you

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

What is this business and how long have you been trading?

and now you have made millions?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've been trading for nearly 3 years
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We are Wholesaler and retailer of consumer electronics, gaming consoles mostly. We sell in high volume
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I just need to know from your expertise, what are my chances to win against Metro Bank if I have all evidences that we are legit?

This is the second question I’ve had about this bank today. To be honest these newfangled Internet banks don’t seem to know what day of the week it is.

Banks can be a law unto themselves and it’s always a good idea to have 2 bank accounts even though you may not use one of them very much.

I have 2 personal bank accounts one of which I keep a few hundred pounds going through purely to keep it alive. There are no charges.

You say they’ve closed it without reason. There must be a reason it’s just that you don’t necessarily know what it is yet unless somebody pressed the wrong button of course.

My suggestion is to get another bank quickly. I don’t know whether it’s changed but it was relatively straightforward to get a business account with Co-op bank and it’s going to be quicker to open another bank account than it is going to be to have an argument with this bank.

The Financial Ombudsman will not always get involved with small businesses but by all means refer it to the Ombudsman.

Provided all your accounts and comings and goings and income and outgoings are squeaky clean, then you have nothing to fear by taking whatever action you wish including an action against the bank for breach of contract and compensation arising from that.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Stuart
I will follow your advice. You explained perfectly what i needed to know. Thank you

I’m glad to help.

Meanwhile, if you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete for now, but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months.

I’m glad that I was able to help.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

Stuart