How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4252
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I would like some direction but I honestly cannot afford to

This answer was rated:

I would like some direction but I honestly cannot afford to pay £44 to make the call.
I will have to find another way.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink- or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Hi there,

What is your specific question , please?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would like to know the best route forward for me to try and secure a signed agreement from the joint owner or what is the next best thing for me to consider.?

Could you please provide a bit more background on the issue and with whom you have this joint property with?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I own the property with my brother, we have to sell the property or pay of the mortgage. with exception from renting a room from time to time I have been paying the mortgage and doing everything regarding the premises, the agreement was he was to live in it and rent out a room
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
He has not contributed to the house maintenance or paid his part of the mortgage, the house was inhabitual for over a year when a lodger was asked to vacate due to substantial rent arrears, when he vacated he stole everything and damaged the property

so you are looking to sell the property?

and get your equity out ?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
but I require a signed agreement with my brother to give the conveyancer prior to the sale


If your brother does not agree then you have to approach the court for a forced sale orders to sell the house to get your equity out .

However, first to reach an agreement amicably with your brother and to resolve this issue out of the court, you can take assistance of family mediation services.

You can approach your local council /citizen advice bureau , most of them have family mediation services.

Else you can find a local mediator using the below weblink-

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We did try mediation but it was a friend network, I did speak with a professional agency which I can try again. I worked in the past with CAB so I have some understanding on what to do. My brother is not behaving properly

Well, if your brother is not co-operating in getting this issue resolved amicably then you can approach court for forced sale orders and ask for cost orders to recover your legal cost from your brother.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for that information, I sincerely ***** ***** I will look into that. Thank you again

You are welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Vineet S and other Law Specialists are ready to help you